* Women own 10.4 million businesses in the United States (nearly 50% or more), generating $1.9 trillion in sales.
* Women employ 12.8 million workers, generating 1.9(that’s one in every seven employees).
* For the past two decades, majority women-owned firms have continued to grow at around two times the rate of all firms.
* Over half of all women business owners (57%) have a line of credit for their business and 41% have a commercial bank loan.
* The majority of women business owners in nontraditional industries (85%) believe there is no disadvantage to being a woman or that it is actually beneficial.
* Women and men business owners have different management styles. Women emphasize relationship building as well as fact gathering and are more likely to consult with experts, employees, and fellow business owners.
Source: CFWBR, Center for Women’s Business Research, 01/2007
Deaf Women in Business and Entrepreneurship With the program of helping deaf businesswomen grow their businesses, overcome barriers, and get a right direction hopefully.
Also, the program may help women – future entrepreneurs to boost self-esteem, confidence, and an interest to start up a business that they had a dream or passion to own a business someday.
Many deaf women business owners as well as entrepreneurs, executives, have survived through many crunching periods. Now we have economic crisis. Some of deaf businesswomen have had to change business model in response to the new economic situation.
The priority is to help each other, which may create ideas, strategies, opportunities and revenue especially in this new, extremely challenging economic situation we’re facing today.
Business Deaf women as Consultants will provide consultation, hands on training, and mini-fun activity.
The Business Women Network “Meeting of the Minds” is scheduled at 7PM on Thursday evening, May 27, 2010.
Also, Deaf Women Spa Retreat is scheduled at 8AM on May 30, 2010.
FYI, admission fee is $5 (USD) for non-registrants and one-day registered attendees.
Free admission for standard/group/student packages registrants.
Deaf Women Spa Retreat
Omni Hotel, Houston, TX
Extend the spa experienceby being mindful and calm in all you do after your attendance the Business Convention and Expo of the Deaf.
Call for Proposals
ends February 14, 2010!
The Business Convention and Expo of the Deaf invites the submission of proposals for presentations. The official language of the event – American Sign Language.
This “Call for Proposal” submission form allows you to submit your proposal for your presentation at the Business Convention & Expo of the Deaf. You will give the presentation in ASL (American Sign Language). We will screen and select the qualified proposals. We will contact you for the result of your proposal. Thank you!
Business Convention and Expo of the Deaf
25%OFF – 4-DAYS EXHIBITION FOR WOMEN SOLE-PROPRIETORS, BUSINESS INDIVIDUALS, AND ENTREPRENEURS.
Please contact org. committee for more details. Offer expires: 03/01/2010
GROUP REGISTRATION ( AT LEAST 15 ATTENDEES: YOUR COLLEAGUES AND FRIENDS) -$249.00 CONTACT A LOCAL GROUP LEADER FOR GROUP REGISTRATION OR CONTACT THE BCED ORG. COMMITTEE.