Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities is
Free Tax Preparation for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
February 1, 2011 – April 14, 2011
• IRS Certified VITA volunteers will prepare the tax returns.
• Both federal and state income tax returns will be prepared.
• Videophones will be provided to participating VITA site allowing the taxpayer
and volunteer to communicate in real-time.
• The service will be available from February 1 to April 14, 2011.
• Individuals and families earning $49,000 or less without business income
are eligible for this service.
• Locations: Lillian Beard Deaf Connection Center (9920 Long Point, Houston,
TX 77055) and Career and Recovery Resources (2525 San Jacinto St., Houston,
• By Appointment Only (call Kaitlyn Tracy at 281-936-0770 (VP) to make an appointment)
• What is the cost? FREE
What to bring:
Social Security cards for everyone listed on tax return.
Two forms of ID for primary taxpayer and spouse (one must be photo ID.)
Birthdates of all individuals to appear on return.
All W-2s and 1099s and any other income reporting documents.
Documentation for all deductions and/or credits claimed, i.e. education credits.
Documentation supporting a claim to a dependency exemption (for example, Form 8332 or Form 2120)
Day care provider’s identifying number and receipts (if applicable)
Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)