Teacher Position Open – DFW
Lovers Lane Academy for the Deaf (LLAD) is a small private school in Dallas,
Texas (9200 Inwood) which serves students, ages 5 – 25, who are deaf. Our
elementary group has an opening for a teacher for this next school year.
The teacher should be fluent in ASL and have experience teaching young
children with multiple issues. A certified teacher is preferred. Job
responsibilities/expectations include, (but are not limited to):
1. Collaborate with students, parents, and other members of staff to develop
educational plan for each student under your assignment.
2. Implement an instructional or skill development program for assigned
students and show written evidence of preparation as required.
3. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies,
activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the
learning styles and needs of students assigned.
4. Employ a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs
and capabilities of each student assigned.
5. Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
6. Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and
7. Provide or supervise personal care, medical care, and feeding of students
as required by student’s needs.
8. Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school.
9. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for
the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
10. Manage student behavior and administer appropriate discipline.
11. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with
parents, students, administrator, and teachers.
12. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents,
and community members.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the LLAD team, please send a
resume and contact information to Peggy Key at [email protected]
Do not wait to submit your information. The process of hiring a teacher
begins now and will end when a qualified person is hired. Please submit
your resumes before July 13, 2011 if you are interested.