Job Opening at Travis County Services for the Deaf
If you would like to apply, please follow the standard procedure by submitting your application online through the Travis County website. (Austin, Texas)
Posting closes on Thursday, 4/11/2013.
Please email Stacy Landry at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you apply so she can see it online. Thank you.
The requirement for certification in American Sign Language is really mean must be proficient in sign language.
invites applications for the position of:
Interpreter Coordinator for Sign Language Services
SALARY: $42,382.08 – $52,977.60 Annually
OPENING DATE: 03/14/13
CLOSING DATE: 04/11/13 11:59 PM
Coordinates all phases of activities and functions associated with a social services program or programs. Performs consultative, technical and administrative work in the planning, development, coordination, implementation and monitoring of a program. Ensures that program goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established priorities. Analyzes program issues, completes policy and program analysis, conducts program research and presents program-related training and education. Typically supervises additional program staff.
This is the third in a series of three social services program-related job classifications within the Social Services job family. This classification is responsible for coordinating, participating in and monitoring the activities and functions of a social services program or programs. This classification is distinguished from a Social Services Manager which has responsibility for an entire work unit. The Social Services Program Coordinator typically coordinates larger and more complex programs than a specialist, senior or lead staff position. This classification may require a flexible work schedule in order to meet the needs of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinates, monitors and evaluates program activities. Devises evaluation methodology and coordinates implementation. Analyzes results and recommends or takes appropriate action.
* Prepares periodic reports, financial analysis and statistical reports on program activities and program progress.
* Provides outreach and education about interpreter services and ADA communication accessibility laws. Recruits program participants.
* Plans, develops and recommends new or revised programs and goals and objectives.
* Develops and schedules program work plans, oversees daily operations and coordinates program activities.
* Determines, or assists in determining program priorities.
* Evaluates program effectiveness to develop improved methods. Monitors and approves program expenditures within established budget. May prepare or assist in preparing proposals for funding or funding continuation.
* Serves as technical consultant for program and related policy and provides technical and problem solving assistance on program services. Participates in providing program services to clients.
* Analyzes and reviews analysis of program and program policy issues.
* Serves as liaison with, and resource for community outreach and advocacy groups, service providers and others. Coordinates, improves and stimulates interest in the program and recruits program participants.
* Plans, develops and conducts program-related educational sessions and training. Speaks to community and other groups.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Social or Behavioral Sciences or a directly related field AND five (5) years experience in social services or a directly related field, including experience coordinating a program;
Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
American Sign Language (ASL) Certification
Valid Texas Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Supervisory principles, practices and techniques.
* Program coordination and oversight techniques.
* Policies, practices and procedures within area of assignment.
* Federal, State and Local program laws and requirements.
* Advocacy groups, social service providers and community outreach organizations.
* Computer equipment to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases and a variety of software packages.
* Program planning, development, monitoring and evaluation.
* Conducting education and training sessions and public speaking presentations.
* Referring clients to appropriate social services organizations and programs.
* Problem-solving and decision-making.
* Monitoring and recommending program expenditures.
* Both verbal and written communication.
* Coordinate, supervise and evaluate program staff and activities.
* Analyze, research and evaluate findings.
* Prepare administrative and statistical reports.
* Serve as technical consultant and liaison.
* Work with clients to facilitate access to social services programs and resources.
* Work independently.
* Manage time well and meet timelines.
* Communicate effectively.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental clientele, representatives of outside agencies, other County employees and officials, community
WORK ENVIRONMENT & OTHER INFORMATION:
Physical requirements include the ability to lift/carry up to 25 pounds occasionally, visual acuity, speech and hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer and office equipment. Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, twisting, balancing, repetitive motion, driving, client/customer contact, and squatting to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
Works some nights
Location: 2201 Post Road, Austin
Department: Health & Human Services
Criminal, Education & Employment Background Check Required
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: