Sorenson’s Deaf Awareness Month Begins 2013
Sorenson's Deaf Awareness Month Begins
During September, Sorenson Communications will present "Deaf Awareness Month," a unique, online celebration that takes a look at what it means to be deaf in today's world. The celebration, which begins online Sept. 3, at http://www.svrs.com/aware, will end at the same time as the World Federation of the Deaf's "International Week of the Deaf," held during the last full week of September. New information and American Sign Language (ASL) videos will be added to the Deaf Awareness Month site throughout September.
Public Relations Director
Sorenson Video Relay Service (SVRS) is a free service for the deaf and hard of hearing community.
- REMINDER: Trix Bruce Performance and Workshop - San Antonio
- 11/15/12 - NPR's Talk of the Nation Features Segment on ASL Interpretation Using Captioning for Individuals who are D/HH
- Job Opportunity: ASL Interpreter/Level III or Equivalent
- ASL Teacher Needed - Richmond (Houston)
- Miss Deaf America upset she's unseen at Super Bowl
- ASL Interpreted Show: Toil and Trouble - Austin
- Deaf awareness panelists describe discrimination, quest for acceptance
- Philip "Phil" Lee Sheridan
- Wacky Wednesday Water Games - Austin
- Houston Police in Hot Pursuit of Accessible Communications