DARS-DHHS Effective Communication Training 1/7/14 – Austin
DARS-DHHS Training 1/7/14 - Austin (Not 2013)
Serving People with Hearing Loss
Sponsored by DARS Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS)
The type of auxiliary aid or service necessary to ensure effective communication varies with the complexity of the communication involved and the needs of the individual. This session will focus on the strategies to determine appropriate accommodations for people who are deaf or hard of hearing, and technology resources to ensure communication access for people with hearing loss.
Ann Horn, Direct Services Program Specialist; Melissa Bell, Outreach Development Specialist; and Rose Minette, Hard of Hearing Specialist from the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services.
Date: 1/7/2014 Time: 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Location: Brown-Heatly Building, Room 1420
4900 N. Lamar, Austin, Texas 78751
*8:30 a.m. – Registration
*9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Your business and communication access – strategies and accommodations
*1:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Assistive Technology discussion and demonstrations
This session is free. R.S.V.P. required. Space is limited.
R.S.V.P. to [email protected], and write “Effective Communication 1/7/2014” in the subject line. Include the name(s) of the individual(s) planning to attend along with each person’s phone number or email address. Call 512-407-3267 for additional information.
Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services
4800 N. Lamar Blvd. Austin, Texas 78756
For more information or assistance, please call DARS Inquiries at 800-628-5115. DHHS office, extension 3250. http://www.dars.state.tx.us/dhhs
Sign language interpreters and real-time captioning will be provided. To request additional accommodations contact Ann Horn at 512-410-1387
- HRC Meeting 5/31/11 - Fort Worth
- City settles suit brought by deaf resident
- Houston Police in Hot Pursuit of Accessible Communications
- Fort Worth Police Department – More Time Given to Receive CPA Applications!
- Defensive Driving 9/29/12 - San Antonio
- Meeting with Chief Kidd 3/1/11 - Austin
- Work Based Learning Summer Youth Employment - Austin
- Deadline Approaching: APA/GCPD Accessibility Awards
- Wendy’s in Texas Sued for Refusing to Hire Hearing-Impaired Applicant
- TASBID’s Annual Interpreter Training Workshop - Aquilla, Texas