Job Title: Video Interpreter (Two-pages PDF available for download, see below)
Locations: Clearwater FL; Brandon FL; Miami FL; Bentonville AR; Tucson AZ; Indianapolis IN; Frederick, MD; Burnsville MN; St. Cloud MN; St. Paul MN; Kansas MO; Omaha NE; Salem OR; Austin TX; Dallas TX; El Paso TX; Waco TX and Renton WA.
Description: Provide excellent video interpreting services between Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Hearing consumers at the video interpreting center.
* Provide effective video relay service for consumers
* Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by ZVRS
* Fully comply with all FCC regulations pertaining to VRS
* Exhibit professional behavior at all times including punctuality and preparedness for shifts, respectful and collaborative interaction with colleagues and supervisors, and timely and accurate record keeping
* Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new and changing technologies
* Must have a national certification at or above NAD level 4, RID CSC, CI/CT or NIC and above, or state BEI III or BEI Advanced or above
* Must have at least 3-5 years of community interpreting experience
* Must have an extensive working knowledge of the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct
* Must have a strong aptitude in customer service
* Must be fluent in ASL and have strong verbal communication skills in English and/or Spanish
* Must have a solid understanding of Deaf Culture
* Must be familiar with state laws and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Benefits: (FULL TIME ONLY: Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Vacation / Sick, Short / Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Thinking of applying?
* Are you the best of the best? Are you prepared to work VRS and let your personality shine at the same time?
* Do you want to be at a company where our culture is the most important part of our company and our biggest asset?
* Do you think wild, crazy and wacky ideas should be always heard and often implemented?
* Can you handle any type of call scenario with grace and humor? Do you care about the Deaf Community?
* Do you welcome the opportunity to work with a diverse team?
* Can you be part of a team that invests their talents and skills toward offering the best interpreting services for our customers?
* Do you have talents to bring to the table toward creating and fostering a supportive and fun work environment?
Z Video Relay Service is looking for motivated, professional individuals who love to work with their interpreting colleagues and the deaf community in a fast paced, fun and changing environment. National certification and 3 to 5 years of community experience is a must.
Those who spread gossip, negative attitudes or excess baggage need not apply. If you are only looking for a paycheck but are not interested in contributing to the success of the team as a whole, this is not the place for you. Seriously, we value our culture.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: [email protected]
Need more information? Stalk us at:
For deaf individuals job opportunity – see here: http://www.zvrs.com/about-us/job-opportunities
Download Now Hiring ZVRS Flyer December 2013 (Two-pages PDF)