Deaf Seniors of Texas SYMPO 2014
San Marcos, Texas
April 8-9, 2014
Travis Association of the Deaf – Senior Citizens (TAD-SC) proudly host second Biennial Deaf Senior 50+ Symposium
At Embassy Suites Hotel Conference Center
1001 E. McCarty Lane
San Marcos, Texas 78666
Theme: Deaf Seniors be Empowered!
The Symposium registration fee of $50.00 covers materials, workshops and Wednesday luncheon.
Information on tile Hotel and location to follow later.
Tentative Workshops including:
* Alzheimer's disease
* Identity theft
* Reverse Mortgage
* Care Givers
* Funeral Services
* Identification of current issues or concerns affecting deaf seniors in Texas
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
* All Day – Registration and Exhibitions
* 11:00a.m. to 1:00p.m.-lunch on your own
* 1:00 p.m.to 2:00p.m.-Welcoming Participants
* 2:00 p.m.to 5:00 p.m.-Workshops
* After 5:00 p.m.-On your own
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
* 9:00 a.m.to 12:00 noon – Workshops
* 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m.- lunch and Closing
* After 3:00 p.m. – Social or Go Home
Caregivers, service providers and other businesses dealing with disabled seniorsare encouraged to attend, participate and give out handouts about their programs or services on healthcare, recreation and socializing, housing, caregiver support, options counseling, and long term care planning.
7101 Hanging Oak Circle
Austin, Texas 78749
Contact Fred Newberry
Registration Deadline: March 25, 2014
*Refund Policy: Deduct $10.00 for processing fee until March 25th. No refund after March 25, 2014
Donations are not refundable.
Download flyer & registration form (PDF format)