TCSDHH DeafSHARE Job Posting
who WE are
· We’re The SAFE Alliance, an alliance of Austin Children’s Shelter and SafePlace.
· We’re a registered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, spanning two beautiful campuses on several acres in beautiful Austin, Texas.
· We’re a diverse, passionate group of more than 335 staff with a vision of a just and safe community, free from violence and abuse, and a mission to lead in ending sexual assault and exploitation, child abuse and domestic violence through prevention, intervention, and advocacy for change.
· We’re an Austin-American Statesman’s “Top Workplace” Winner for 2015.
who YOU are
· You’re a strong believer that all people should have lives that are free from violence and abuse.
· You’re someone who cares about positive client and customer relations. You build strong relationships, and you deliver effective client and customer-centric solutions.
· You’ve are impeccable decision maker. Your decisions are timely, and they’ll help the organization move forward.
· You value differences, recognizing that different perspectives and cultural diversity make the world a better place to be.
· Your interpersonal skills are on point. You easily relate openly and comfortably with very diverse groups of people.
· You’re resilient, rebounding from setbacks and adversity with both poise and ease.
· You’re resourceful. You know how to secure and deploy resources both effectively and efficiently.
· You’re trustworthy. You gain confidence and the trust of others through integrity and forthright honesty.
what WE need YOU to do for us
We need you to fill the role of DeafSHARE Advocate. This is a part-time, hourly non-exempt position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
· Provides short- and long-term client/customer focused case management and advocacy to both residential and non-residential clients.
· Exercises exceptional decision quality during screening and eligibility for services of potential program participants and when appropriate matches participants with various financial assistance programs. Maintains required documentation for assistance programs.
· Exercises resourcefulness when providing information and referral services to help participants set short-term goal plans and to assist them in accessing needed resources.
· Assist participants in acquiring skills necessary to maintain independent housing – includes budgeting, identifying and seeking needed resources, accessing employment training, life skills, etc.
· Provides information and referral services, and other advocacy services for walk-ins and via videophone.
· Provides input into DeafSHARE program planning and engages in DeafSHARE outreach activities on occasion, as time allows.
· Possesses high level of work ethics with handling confidential client information, appropriately sets professional boundaries, is able to process a lot of details and able to optimizes work processes
To be successful in this role, WE’LL need YOU to
· Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other related field.
· Two years’ experience in human services is required; however, two years of professional experience in human services may be substituted for each year of bachelor’s level education.
· Experience working with a variety of Deaf people (grass roots, Deaf, hard of hearing, Deaf/blind, late deafened, etc.
Fluency in American Sign Language and life experience or knowledge of Deaf culture.
· Knowledge of issues and systems related to domestic violence, sexual abuse, or homelessness preferred.
· Pass all required criminal history background checks (including an FBI fingerprint check), as well as submit to a pre-employment drug screen and TB test.
Adhere to our Guiding Principles, Mission, Core Competencies and Confidentiality Policy.
How WE’LL make it worth YOUR while
We will pay you an annual salary of $15,600-$16,640.
We understand that you have commitments outside of the workplace, and we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
We’ll offer you discounted day care for your kiddos at one of our two onsite day care centers, as enrollment allows.
We’ll provide you with an amazing work environment where you’ll get to make a difference every day.
· You don’t need to call us, just follow the link below.
· We promise we’ll get in touch with you by phone or email.
· Here’s the link to apply: http://jobs.safeaustin.org/apply/Bt0Sh1/DeafSHARE-Advocate?source=TCSDHH