We are excited to announce that the Disability Integration department of FEMA are currently looking for an American Sign Language Interpreter to work with our team in Austin, Texas.
This person will be responsible for:
- Providing American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation to meet the communications requirements of disaster survivors and the general public throughout emergency operations, programs and services while deployed to disasters and other emergency management events.
- Providing guidance regarding effective communication access in all phases of emergency response, recovery, mitigation, and preparedness.
- Providing interpreting services to achieve equal access to effective communication.
Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting for the disability community and service delivery programs. Experience with assessing individual interpreting needs, including the needs for Certified Deaf Interpreter for minimal language skills, tactile sign language, etc. Certification by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID), or equivalent state level certification or licensure.
Resume MUST contain your current and/or former job information, including employer’s name, address, phone and dates of employment (month and year).
• Must have 3 years of experience.
• Certification by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID), or equivalent state level certification or licensure.
• You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position.
• You must pass a background fingerprint/security check.
• You may be required to work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• You must provide two forms of ID: such as a VALID Driver License, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, etc. or Passport. (We will not accept if expired.)
If you know of someone who you think would be a good fit, it would be great if you could refer them:
SEND RESUME TO: FEMA-DR4223TX-LOCALHIRES@fema.dhs.gov
Subject line must read: Job ID-2034-American Sign Language Interpreters-Houston-DIA
If selected for an interview you would be required to provide 3 professional references.
Human Resource Specialist Reservist