The following Theatres provide communication access in ASL by college students who are nearing graduation from the Interpreter Training Program at Tarrant County College’s Trinity River Campus. Each interpreting student is mentored and evaluated by Deaf Instructors, ASL Language mentors and, Interpreting Instructors / mentors. Students are required to prepare (approximately 60 hours) before each show to conduct a thorough discourse / script analysis, rehearse the script with their partner and collaborate with the theatre stage manager to be sure sight line and lighting is effective for Deaf and Hard of Hearing patrons.
You may contact the Theatre for ticket sales / reservations. Be sure to let them know you want to sit in the Deaf section to be able to see the interpreters. If you find a show at one of our partnering theatre’s that is not listed below, please let the theatre know you would like that show interpreted and they will contact us. See you at the show!
- February 13, 2019 at 10:30 a.m. at Casa Manana: The Emperor’s New Clothes
Casa website: http://www.casamanana.org/
- February 22, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. At The Artisan Children’s stage: Disney’s Mary Poppins Jr.
Artisan website: http://www.artisanct.com/
- March 1, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. Circle Theatre: Our Town
Ticket sales: https://www.circletheatre.com/
- March 2, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. TCC-Northwest: James and the Giant Peach
Ticket sales: purchase tickets at the door.
Location: 4801 Marine Creek Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76179
- March 3, 2019 at 2:30 p.m. UT Arlington: The Music Man
Ticket sales: https://theatre.uta.edu/
- March 12, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. Artisan Main stage: Annie Get Your Gun
Ticket sales: http://www.artisanct.com/
- March 16, 2019 at 8:00 p.m. Onstage (Bedford): The Apple Tree
Ticket sales: http://www.onstageinbedford.com/
- March 24, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. Theatre Off the Square (Weatherford): Cocktails with Mimi
Ticket sales: http://www.theatreoffthesquare.org/
To request more shows to be interpreted or if you have questions about the Interpreter Training