Mark your calendars!
Our Deaf and Hard of Hearing Access Specialists will be hosting Saturday afternoon workshops starting November 6th. Take a look at some of the topics we have lined up and register now using this link.
Date, Title of Presentation
- 6-Nov-21 Holiday Parties, Meetings, and More. My Communication Access Matters Too, Right?
- 13-Nov-21 Reasonable Accommodation and Hearing Service Dogs in the Workplace
- 4-Dec-21 Completing Job Interviews without Potential Employers Knowing You Are Using VRS
- 11-Dec-21 Navigating Housing Authorities: What Are Your Rights?
- 1-Jan-22 What Accommodations Can I Request at My Workplace?
- 8-Jan-22 I’ve Asked for Accommodations at Work and They’ve Said No. What Are My Rights?
- 5-Feb-22 Access for Your KODA Kids in School: What Are Your Rights?
- 12-Feb-22 Human Resources Wants Access to My Medical Information. Can I Say No?
- 5-Mar-22 I Am Looking for a Job, but Don’t Want Them to Know I Am Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
What Are My Rights?
- 12-Mar-22 I Need to See a Counselor but I Don’t Want to Use an Interpreter. Are There Any Deaf-
Friendly Counselors in the Area?
- 2-Apr-22 Are Churches Required to Provide Accommodations Like a Business?
- 9-Apr-22 My Child is Deaf or Hard of Hearing and I Want to Learn ASL. Are There Resources for
Me in the DFW Area?
- 7-May-22 Accessibility in Recreational Activities: Are Private Clubs Exempt from the ADA?
- 14-May-22 What Is the EEOC and Why Should It Only Be Used As a Last Resort?
- 4-Jun-22 Accommodations, Tuition, and Waivers in Higher Education. Where Do I Start?
- 11-Jun-22 Accommodations, 504/SPED, and Preferred Mode of Communication in K-12 Education.
Who Has the Final Say?
- 2-Jul-22 Even if I Teach Deaf Students, Can I Still Request Accommodations for Myself? What Are
- 9-Jul-22 I Want to Attend a Concert but I Need an Interpreter. Where Do I Start?
- 6-Aug-22 Social Security is not Providing Interpreters. What Can I do?
- 13-Aug-22 Navigating Emergency Rooms: How to Prepare Ahead of Time
- 3-Sep-22 Navigating Disability Services at Colleges: Preplanning Your Semester
- 10-Sep-22 Help! I’m Losing my Hearing. What Resources Are Available to Help Me Communicate?
Funded by HHSC Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services