Deaf Business Expo: We needed you!
1. Community Business Development Chair;
2. Social Media Coordinator;
3. Public Relations Coordinator;
4. Event Promotion Chair
1st 2010 Business Convention and Expo of the Deaf on the horizon there has
never been a more exciting time to organize the premier exclusive event in
U.S. and across the globe.
We are looking for an individual with genuine passion and interest in our
mission, who is willing to commit voluntarily at least 4-6 hours per week to
the organization for a prolonged period of time (7 months or longer).
Volunteer hours: 4-6 hours per a week before the event.
Event info: May 27-30, 2010, Houston, Texas,
Our mission is empowering and educating young starters and future
entrepreneurs in starting up small business, lobbying businesses owned by
Deaf, Hard of Hearing, CODA, and ASL signers-owners, and improving a higher
quality of business.
This is a great opportunity for you to connect with inspiring audience from
around all corners of the world. As part of a fun and dynamic team of
motivated leaders who share a passion for creating change, you will grow
your personal and professional network.
Volunteer Position: Community Business Development Chair
– Develop a network and relationships with autonomous, not-for-profit
organizations, small business owners and minority groups, undergraduate and
graduate business schools, all levels of government, and the private sector
to meet the mission and vision of the Business Convention and Expo of the
– Knowledge of the local and national organizations, business schools,
minority and small business owners groups, and private sector.
– Believe in our community and possess an outstanding commitment in
professional relationship and network development.
– Develop communications strategy with targeted groups.
– To implement community business development by providing introduction,
leadership, education, coordination, and information to targeted sections
– Complete projects and reports by deadlines.
– Support org. committee mission.
– Research and identify community issues, needs and problems.
– Develop promotional tools if it is needed.
_Experience and Qualifications:_
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including
– Very strong networking abilities.
– Presentation and proposal preparation abilities.
– Strong computer skills are a must.
– A polite and inspiring style of communication.
– Creativity and a sense of humor.
Volunteer Position: Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining BCED’S
presence on online social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter,
reaching out to new audiences and strengthening BCED’s relationship with
* Maintain BCED’s page on Facebook: uploading notes, pictures and sharing
* Maintain BCED’s twitter account: grow the organizations network on twitter
and provide constant updates about the network;
* Research other online social networks that BCED could utilize to grow its
* Develop electronic communications strategy;
* Build online presence, including search engine optimization Must have
experience in one or more of the above areas.
Ideally, you would already bring the following skills with you:
• Excellent written communication skills with proficient English grammar,
spelling and punctuation
• A passion for and interest in utilizing new media and online social
networks for social change
• A polite and inspiring style of communication
• Creativity and a sense for marketing
Volunteer Position: Public Relations Coordinator
– Develop a strategy for identifying and cultivating connections with
traditional and non-traditional media such as print, TV, radio, and others.
– Write, revise, and deliver press releases.
– Connect with national and local media for publicizing purposes.
– Keep a detailed record of the projects you are doing and how you are
– Keep files and computer folders for you position organized and
up-to-date with the projects you worked on.
– Address issues and accomplishments of entrepreneurs and small
business owners with hearing loss.
– Develop promotional materials if it is needed.
– Develop and execute media relations, strategies/programs, and
identify opportunities to build clients visibility in the press and its
target business communities.
– Draft press release earnings announcements, conference call scripts
and facilitate meetings at community conferences.
– Respond to investor inquiries and analyst calls. Prepare investor
– Manage development of monthly report to org. committee.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant business experience (Business,
Marketing, Communication, or related field required)
1+ years of experience in public relations, preferably a journalist with
contact in media.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience in delivering communications in written, web and other medium to
a multiple location and multi-cultured workforce in English.
Willingness to work in voluntary basis in a fast-moving and team-oriented
Kindly attach resume in word format.
Volunteer Position: Event Promotion Chair
– Coordinate and perform extensive marketing and outreach activities
to public for Business Convention and Expo of the Deaf;
– Perform extensive cold and warm contacts to promote the BCED;
– Perform internet searches to obtain contact information for
– Compose promotional announcements, business letters/ emails, and others;
– Supervise a marketing team: Social Media, VLOG, Exhibition, and
– Manage and coordinate tasks for marketing team;
– Complete monthly reports to org. committee;
– Meet deadlines.
Qualifications, experience, and skills:
– Excellent verbal and written communication and grammar skills;
– Experience making cold and warm contacts to businesses and to
– Experience with marketing or media or advertising;
– Managerial skills preferred;
– Excellent knowledge and experience with desktop office applications;
– Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage projects on time;
– Interpersonal skills.
Contact: Org. Committee, Business Convention and Expo of the Deaf
Email: [email protected]
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Dr. Brian Kilpatrick
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]