US TREASURY INSPECTOR GENERAL WANTS TO HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCES
WITH THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE (IRS)
Please share your experiences with communicating with the Internal Revenue
Service customer service toll-free telephone numbers through relay services
Have you contacted the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) lately using a TTY
device to contact the TTY toll-free number (800-829-4059), or called the
toll-free telephone for individual taxpayers (800-829-1040) using a relay
Please share with the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration what
your experience was like and what mode of communication was used. We are
interested in knowing:
* If you were able to get connected with the IRS?
* How was the interaction between you and the IRS assistor using TTY or
computer or a video phone?
* Did the relay operator experience any difficulties in communicating with
the IRS on your behalf?
* Did you experience a long wait time to reach an IRS assistor?
* Were you satisfied with the answer you received from the IRS? and
* What was your overall customer satisfaction level – satisfied, neutral or
Please feel free to add any other aspect of your experience you’d like to
share, as well as any suggestions on what would make communication easier
with the IRS.
Send your feedback to Ms. Jean Bell at [email protected] by March 1, 2010