Travis Association for the Blind
Job Title: TESD Senior Manager
Job Category: Administration
Job Code/ Req#: 201574
Location: 2307 Business Center Drive
Travel Required: N/A
Level/Salary Range: 75k – 85k
Position Type: Full-Time
HR Contact: Janna Caddell
Date posted: October 1, 2015
Posting Expires: Open Until Filled
Applications Accepted By:
FAX OR E-MAIL: (512) 445-6933 or [email protected]
Subject Line: TESD Senior Manager
Attention: HR Department
Human Resources | Travis Association for the Blind
PO Box 3297
Austin, TX 78764-3297
* Will manage the Training and Employee Services Department (TESD), a function of TAB providing training and employment support to people in a vocational setting who have low vision, are blind, deaf, deaf/blind and others with multiple disabilities (our associates).
* Will interpret in a variety of settings and communication modes/styles.
* Will provide moderately complex consultative and technical assistance to assist our associates.
* Will Consult with TWC and other service providers, and interact with employers to identify new employment opportunities in the community for our associates.
* Serve as point of contact for other entities that provide services to our associates.
* Consult with management to design and recommend procedural/policy changes.
* Will foster cooperative relationships with those in the legally blind and deaf/blind communities.
* Will keep apprised of developments affecting the deaf/blind communities, such as assistive programs, and maintain involvement in the interpreting and deaf/blind communities (may include some evenings and weekends).
* Other related work as directed.
* Occasional travel may be required.
* Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in rehabilitation, psychology, sociology, social work, education, or a related field is generally preferred.
* Experience and education may be combined and evaluated to determine eligibility.
* Must have thorough knowledge and skills to communicate using American Sign Language and other communication systems utilized by individuals who are deaf/blind.
* Minimum of three years of experience in working with people with disabilities.
* Has a membership in good standing with RID and adheres to their Code of Professional Conduct
* Effective use of the Spanish language would be a plus.
* Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office (MS word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
* Have experience, flexibility and comfort interpreting for Deaf/Blind or Deaf Individuals who use ASL, TASL, English-like sign, or who have limited formal language and communicate using gestures, drawing or other means.
* Physically capable of using tactile sign language on a regular basis.
* Familiarity with PC based programs and software including MS Office Suite, Outlook Exchange and experience with Excel highly preferred.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
* Knowledge of adaptive equipment, devices and use of adaptive equipment available to assist/benefit the consumers.
* Knowledge of report and record maintenance principles/practices.
* Knowledge of preparation and delivery of training curriculum.
* Good time management skills
* Strong communication skills including verbal & written
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to work effectively both independently and in teams
* Be honest and trustworthy
* Be respectful
* Be punctual
* Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
* Be flexible
* Be a self-starter
* Demonstrate sound work ethics
* Be motivated
Physical Demands: Be able to meet the physical requirements of the position.
Internal & External Applicants accepted
Blind and visually impaired individuals are encouraged to apply.
Reviewed By: Janna Caddell |SR HR Manager Date: October 1, 2015
Approved By: Jerry Mayfield Date: October 1, 2015
Download 201574 TESD Manager (PDF format)