Food Bank for Deaf Community 3/18/17 – Austin
Exciting news from Austin Spirit of Life Deaf Church! For a very long time, one of our church members, Michelle, had a dream to have a food bank for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Community and family in the Austin area – a food bank program with no zip code limits. Well, this week we got lots of food donated to us!
So… we will do a special “test” of the new “Deaf Community Food Bank” this Saturday, March 18, 2017, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (or until the food is gone). First come, first serve! Lots of veggies and bread! Some limited other things…
Where? Austin Spirit of Life Deaf Church is located at 7612 Cooper Lane in south Austin.
· From the north, drive south on I-35 to William Cannon. Turn right (west) one mile to 1st Street. Turn left (south) on 1st Street to Dittmar. Turn right (west) one block to Cooper Lane. Turn right (north) on Cooper Lane and see the church on the left side of the street.
· From the south, drive north on I-35 to Slaughter Lane. Turn left (west) one mile to 1st Street. Turn right (north) on 1st Street to Dittmar. Turn left (west) one block to Cooper Lane. Turn right (north) on Cooper Lane and see the church on the left side of the street.
· If you don’t have a car, the City Bus #10 stops right on the corner of Dittmar and 1st Street! Easy walk of less than 2 blocks to the church!
3 simple rules:
1) You must first fill out a form to receive the food (required).
2) You must have at least one Deaf or Hard-of-hearing member in your family, or be fluent in ASL.
3) Bring your own bags, please.
Please forward this news to other Deaf/HH/Deaf-Blind/ASL families in this area. COME AND GRAB THIS OPPORTUNITY! So many people are struggling with finances right now – why not get some free food!! This is NOT a weekly or monthly food bank. We can’t promise when the next food bank time will happen. And we are not pushing religion, but we are willing to pray with you if you want. God bless you.
Pastor Debbie Stiles