The Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired announces the vacancy of the position of Superintendent
effective summer, 2007 and invites applications from qualified candidates.
Education and certification
* Master’s degree.
* Completion of a university program in education of students with visual impairments.
* State certification in education of students with visual impairments.
If applicant does not hold certification in teaching students with visual impairments, this requirement is met when the applicant holds the certification required to teach students with visual impairments in the applicant’s state.
* Three years teaching students with visual impairments.
* Experience in the administration of a program serving students with visual impairments.
* Experience managing the budget of an agency or a large program.
Other skills, knowledge, and abilities
* Knowledge of laws and rules related to special education, including IDEA and NCLB.
* Doctoral degree.
* Five or more years teaching students with visual impairments.
* Five or more years as a supervisory administrator in a program for students with visual impairments.
* Experience with the legislative process and in the preparation of legislative budget requests.
* Special preference will be given to applicants with supervisory administrative experience in a residential school for students with visual impairments.
Salary: $91,250 – 95,000 annually. The Superintendent’s salary is determined by the TSBVI Board of Trustees within a range established by the State of Texas legislature. The maximum salary of the posted range is currently the legislative maximum.
Housing: On-campus housing may be available; please contact HR Director for additional information.
To Apply: Applicants are required to complete a State of Texas employment application and are welcome to submit resumes or other supporting materials. Position open until filled; closing date will be published on website. See http://www.tsbvi.edu/hr/jobs.htm for application and closing date.
Contact and/or mail applications to: Debra Nesbitt, HR Director; Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired, 1100 W. 45th St., Austin, TX 78756; (512) 206-9132; [email protected]
You are subscribed to the following list:
Deaf Network of Texas
using the following email:
You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by
visiting the following URL:
Get your own Sidekick3 at Garth Wireless today: Go to https://www.garthwireless.com/specialsk3.htm !
WinfreePCS is back!! Check out at http://www.winfreepcs.com for newest products online!!!!
BETTER IP RELAY – EVERYWHERE! i711.com makes all your relay calls better. Better web calls. Better wireless calls. Better AIM calls. Why settle for ordinary IP relay? Go beyond! Try http://www.i711.com for free today!
NOTE: DeafNetwork.com does not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this message or. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
Powered by http://www.CrazyWebHosting.com