JOB TITLE: IT Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 30, 2016
EMAIL RESUMES TO: [email protected]
OVERVIEW: The IT Manager is responsible and accountable for the non profit organization’s tactical and strategic technology and environment that includes, but is not limited to, website, infrastructure, data, applications, storage, security, cloud, network, person devices (e.g. laptops, printers, cell phones, videophones).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Basic understanding of how non-profit organizations work
• Passionate about non-profit mission and its impact on the community
• Manage and maintain the organization’s IT information technology and computer systems
• Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
• Ensure organization’s IT and policies are complaint with HIPPA
• Ensure organization’s IT (e.g. website, applications) have uptime of 100% (24/7)
• Plan and manage organization’s IT annual budget and ensure cost and productivity effectiveness
• Stay abreast of leading technologies and demonstrate innovation and thought leadership
• Maintain and execute repairs to IT related equipment (e.g. routers) or peripheral devices
• Install well-functioning LAN/WAN and other networks and manage components (servers, IPs etc.)
• Manage organization’s security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from attacks and ensures HIPPA compliance
• Perform regular upgrades and maintenance to ensure systems remain updated and compliant
• Troubleshoot system failures or bugs and provide solutions to restore functionality in a timely manner
• Offer timely technical support and teach users how to utilize computers correctly
• Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
• Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
• Research and procure IT related equipment; Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
• Maintains organization’s IT roadmap and all related inventory (e.g. SW licenses, mobile phones, laptops)
• Prepare and present business cases that require investments to IT environment to Director and/or Board Members
• Institutionalize business continuity best practices, procedures, and policies (i.e. disaster recovery)
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
• Collects and researches data.
• Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Designs work flows and procedures.
• Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
• Responds promptly to customer needs.
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Develops workable implementation plans.
• Communicates changes effectively.
• Builds commitment and overcomes resistance.
• Delegates work assignments.
• Understands business implications of decisions.
• Displays orientation to profitability.
• Develops and implements cost saving measures.
• Contributes to profits and revenue.
• Conserves organizational resources.
• Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy.
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Manages competing demands.
• Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Is consistently at work and on time.
• Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Language, Math and Reasoning
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and TRAINING:
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be fluent in American Sign Language (ASL) and English (writing, reading, presenting) and have exceptional interpersonal communication skills
• Minimum of 5 years of IT experience and well-rounded knowledge in technology (e.g. systems, network, telephony, infrastructure, applications, cloud) and has proven experience in a similar role
• Experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
• Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles including HIPPA
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• There are no specific requirements for this position.
• Must have thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. .
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand and walk.
• There are no special vision requirements.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• This position works in an environment with moderate noise level. (Examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic.)
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.