Job Posting Program Specialist for D/HH
Job Posting ID 2960800
Creation Date October 21, 2016
Employer Posting No 808980LA
Closing Date November 14, 2016
Job Site Address AUSTIN, Texas 78751
Employer Type State Government
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) promotes and supports a workforce system that creates value and offers employers, individuals, and communities the opportunity to achieve and sustain economic prosperity.
The Program Specialist for Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Communication Disorders; (PS-DHH) is selected by and accountable to the Division of Rehabilitative Services (DRS) Consumer Services Support Program Manager for Program Development with the concurrence of the Director of Consumer Services Support.
The ideal candidate is responsible for providing operational and technical support related to developing, maintaining, and supporting the objectives of the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), State, business and operational plans and providing consultative services and technical assistance to program staff, Governmental agencies, community organizations, and will work under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
– Performs advanced (senior-level) consultative and technical work in the planning, development, and implementation of vocational rehabilitation services in regards to the application and use of Deaf and Hard of Hearing information and vocational guidance resources.
– Oversees and serves as subject matter expert in the development of program initiatives targeting previously under-served consumer populations.
– Serves on the case review team to provide case consultation, training and guidance on assigned program areas.
– Oversees and serves as subject matter expert in program policy development, procedures, and guidance materials regarding best practices and technical assistance to (DRS) managers, field staff, and regional staff regarding assigned program areas and DRS policy content related to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services and Supports, and the VR services delivery process.
– Oversees the development of information, reports, and analyses regarding utilization trends, compliance with federal and state laws and regulations, and compliance with the DRS policies, procedures, standards and develops management information.
– Oversees the performance of technical, research, planning, policy, program assessment and administrative activities of the Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program, with a focus on areas pertaining to Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
– Consults with Regional management, regional program specialists, and others to provide mentoring and consultation as needed to ensure statewide consistency of program development and monitoring.
– Oversees the coordination of services with state facilities, training Institutions and community providers ensuring appropriate and timely services.
– Serves as the liaison to the Health and Human Services Commission, Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services to ensure appropriate coordination of services.
– Proficient in American Sign Language (ASL).
– Certified in American Sign Language, holding a current certification provided by either the national Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) or the Texas Board for Evaluation of Interpreters (BEI) program.
– Proficient (or “able to demonstrate proficiency”) in American Sign Language.
*RSA listserv of State Coordinators for the Deaf (SCD) recommend a minimum score of 3 on the American Sign Language Proficiency Interview (ASLPI).
More info on the ASLPI can be found at http://www.gallaudet.edu/asldes/aslpi.html.
Use your military skills to qualify for this position or other jobs! Go to www.texasskillstowork.com to translate your military work experience and training courses into civilian job terms, qualifications and skill sets. You can also compare this position to military occupations (MOS) at the Texas State Auditor’s Office by pasting this link into your browser: http://www.hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_ProgramManagement.pdf
To be considered, please completed a State of Texas Application for Employment and submit via ONE of following: apply online at http://www.workintexas.com. (Preferred method); or fax a completed State of Texas Application to 512-463-2832; or Texas Workforce Commission, Human Resources Department, Room 230, 101 East 15th Street, Austin, Texas 78778-0001. This is a security sensitive position. A criminal background investigation will be conducted on the final candidates for the job. Selectee must provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Please indicate Job Posting Number 808980LA on Application. The Texas Workforce Commission uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Supervisory Experience Required No
Additional Pay Details The salary range for this position is $4,023.16–$6,579.42 depending on experience.
Shift Days (First) Duration Regular
Workweek Full Time
Additional Workweek Details This position is located in the Brown Heatly Building, 4900 N Lamar Blvd, Austin Texas
Medical/Health Insurance Plan
Other Insurance Plans
Other Paid Leave
Pre-Tax Programs for Child and Health Care
Veterans Only No
Federal Contractor No
Eagle Ford Shale Job No
The position closes on November 14, 2016