Instructional Assistant – American Sign Language
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.
Job Title Instructional Assistant – American Sign Language
Posting Number P001283
Position Type On-Call
Position Status Part Time
Grant Funded No
Category Instructional Support
Class Code 52
Pay Rate $15.01
Department TR Arts
Responsible for assisting with instructional tasks in a laboratory setting to assist the teaching staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Administers classroom tests to student with disabilities
• Identifies academic needs of students and gives instructions needed to remedy deficiencies in specified discipline
• Helps students with study skills and methods of study
• Responds to technical needs
• Supports and coordinates activities with faculty
• Coordinates and schedules lab usage
• Prepares and maintains classrooms for applicable learning activities
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university with courses in the specialized field, and two (2) years of work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, certification, and related experience
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with computerized systems
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Knowledge of and experience in American Sign Language (ASL)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Please click here for a list of physical demands and work environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Posting Date 12/16/2016
Posting Contact Summary
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individual
Contact Sammie Sheppard
* [email protected]
Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
High School Diploma / GED
60 or more College Credit Hours
None of the above
* Please list any certification or licensure you have as related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
* How many years of related experience, specific to this position, do you have?
Less than 1 of experience
1 year of experience
2 years of experience
3 years of experience
4 years of experience
5 or more years of experience
* How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
* Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)