Hello! We need a long-term sub to work with deaf students and inclusion students at Western Hills High School in Fort Worth. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are desperate to find one quickly. So, we would appreciate a quick response from you.
Here are the requirements to qualify:
- A substitute teacher needs at least 60 hours of college credit or higher
- You will need to send a copy of your transcript to Fort Worth ISD Human Management Capital
- You must be an U.S. Citizen and be able to verify your citizenship
- You need to be able to supply a copy of your Driver’s License and Social Security card
- You must agree to a background check
- You must be fluent in American Sign Language and have an understanding of Deaf Culture
Here is the job description:
You will be subbing for a Deaf Education Teacher and will cover the following classes
= World History
= Intro to Physics and Chemistry
= Inclusion (During certain periods of the day, you will work in an inclusion classroom along with special education students who are not deaf. You are NOT their Special Education teacher, but you will provide support to the non-deaf students along with any deaf students who have additional needs)
Please contact us at 817-815-6000 or email the principal at [email protected] to allow the school to know your name and your ASL fluency. Therefore, the school can pick you up in the sub system and request you to be the sub.