Deaf Seniors of Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex
SATURDAY, September 25, 2021
10:00 am – 12:00 noon
Topic: “Just Get Over It? Living With Loss”
Rhonda McKinzie, TX BEI Master/Court Certified Interpreter, has 29 years of well-rounded experience as a Licensed Professional Counselor for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing of all ages; holds an MS degree in Counseling; and has 40 years of varied professional certified interpreting experience including 5 years in VRS.
Grief makes people uncomfortable. They often want to “make it better”. People may say things that don’t help us with our loss, but it makes them feel better. People’s grief journeys may look different- it’s okay! No judgement.
- Losses: Many kinds – Some may surprise you!
- Know the effects of Delayed Grief & Complicated Grief: Physical, Emotional, Social.
- How Many Stages of Grief? Once and Finished? Is there a time limit with grief?
- Know the warning signs when you or someone you care about needs extra help.
- How to help yourself and others find healthy ways to live with your losses.
- And more…
Lovers Lane United Methodist Church
9200 Inwood Road
Dallas, Texas 75220
The Copeland House is a place where DSDFWM members gather for a meeting or community activity program. After the speech, the potluck lunch and fellowship will be held from 12:00 thru 2:00.
IMPORTANT: If bad weather closes DISD Schools, the LLUMC will close too.
SPECIAL NOTES: JASON’S DELI LUNCH BOXES WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE COMMUNITY WORKSHOP. RSVP REQUIRED BEFORE MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH. CONTACT SANDRA BARNES SMITH BY EMAIL:
[email protected] OR VP: 214-295-9058