Current Trends in Assistive Technology and Apps for Users who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
With new advancements in the assistive technology field, it can be difficult to determine the best solutions to assistive technology needs for users who are deaf or hard of hearing in educational, social, work and/or home settings. Olivia and Sam will review and share the current trends in technology and in apps that may aid you, or someone you know, in overcoming communication barriers, along with tips and strategies to ensure access to as much information as possible.
About the presenters:
Sam Harris and Olivia Rains are Communication Access Specialists with the Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services. Both individuals with hearing loss, they have combined experience in self-advocacy, hearing loss resources, and assistive technology.
Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Time: 4:00pm-6:00pm CST
Register: The HHS Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services invites you to register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2527287270313481999
Register for the session, and you will receive an email with a personalized link to access the webinar. If you have questions about the registration process, or about the webinar, email your questions to [email protected].
This webinar will be presented in ASL and spoken English; real-time captioning (CART) and voice interpreters will be provided for the session.
Audio access is via your computer speakers. If you do not have computer speakers, call the number provided on the GoToWebinar system.
Registration URL: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2527287270313481999
View System Requirements
CEU certificates and certificates of attendance may be earned by attending the full session and taking a post-webinar survey. CEUs may not be earned by calling in via telephone.
- This program has been pre-approved for 2 CRCC continuing education clock hours
- This webinar series is also approved for 0.2 ODHHS General CEUs, accepted by BEI (If you need RID CEUs, contact an RID CEU provider in advance of the session to request PINRA approval to earn CEUs.)
- ODHHS is an approved continuing professional education (CPE) provider for Texas Education Agency (TEA CPE Provider # 902-911)
- ODHHS is an approved continuing education (CE) provider for TDLR Hearing Instrument Fitters and Dispensers (License # 147)
- Certificates of Attendance may also be awarded for other continuing education documentation, such as for the Texas Behavioral Health Executive Council, Texas State EMS, and Texas Education Agency.
DHHS Training and Education
Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
Rehabilitative & Social Services
Health, Developmental & Independence Services
Email: [email protected]