Note: Click each image to view full size flyer
AUSTIN BASS CLUB FOR THE DEAF
24th ANNUAL OPEN BASS TEAM TOURNAMENT
O. H. IVIE LAKE
This tournament is not just a competition, but a celebration of the lives and camaraderie that Henry Harvard and Morris Porter brought to our community. It’s an opportunity for us to come together, share stories, and cast our lines in their honor.
- Saturday, February 24, 2024 – 6 AM to 4 PM
- Sunday, February 25, 2024 – 6 AM to 12 PM
Open to Deaf, Hard of Hearing and CODA. (The membership fee is not required)
Location address: O. H. Ivie Lake 457 Recreation Rd 10 Voss, Texas
$130.00 Per Boat (Two Anglers) ($10 dollar Included Big Bass of Tournament Per Day and $10 dollar included Overall Big Bass of Tournament)
1st place – $500 Guaranteed
2nd place and down based on 4 to 1 ratio $100 Payback.
For registration and inquiries, Contact Jeffrey Courtney @ [email protected]. Also, stay in the loop with the latest updates and news by following our Facebook page- Austin Bass Club for the Deaf.
For lodging @ Elm Creek R.V. & Campgrounds
To book a room under ABCD Block $85 dollar with kitchen $75 dollar without kitchen per night, call 325-357-4776 or http://www.elmcreekmarina.com
- For largemouth bass there is no minimum length limit, only two largemouth bass less than 18 inches may be retained each day. For smallmouth bass (if present), minimum length limit = 14 inches. No minimum length limit on Alabama, Guadalupe and spotted bass. The daily bag limit for all black bass species is 5 in any combination. Limited to five (5) bass per boat per day (Saturday and Sunday). ??
- For Team Tournament, it is required two anglers per boat.
- Only Deaf, Hard of Hearing and CODA can participate in tournaments.
- Each contestant is solely responsible for his or her actions, including situations due to inclement weather.
- If a contestant/team brings in more than five (5) bass, the largest bass will be rejected
- Dead Bass with no white gill appearance will be accepted. Any dead bass, with red gill appearance will be accepted with the penalty of the subtraction of four ounces (4 oz.). No cold, frozen or iced bass will be weighted.
- All bass must be caught alive.
- Artificial bait or pork rinds can be used. NO LIVE BAIT!
- Fishing from the shore is prohibited.
- Trolling with an operation of a gas outboard/inboard motor as a method of fishing is prohibited.
- You can have as many rigged rods and reels you wish but you can use one rigged set of rod and reel at one time.
- The use of trolling motor, depth finder, thermometers and Ph monitors are permitted.
- You must obey the laws of Texas Parks and Wildlife.
- During tournament, each contestant is required to wear a fastened U.S. Coast Guard Approved life preserver anytime the combustion engine is in operation outside of the ramp no-wake zone.
- When the boat is anchored (use of anchor or power pole and trolling motor stowed inside the boat, other anglers must stay away from the anchored boat at least 50 feet.
- All boats must be equipped with an emergency ignition shut-off device. Kill Switch is mandatory in all boats during the tournaments and fastened while underway out of no-wake zone.
- In case of mechanical failure or emergency situation, contestants may transport their fish to weigh-in site by way of another boat.
- All anglers in the tournament must respect other anglers not being in the tournament when fishing on tournament waters.
- All anglers’ boats must be in the ramp no-wake zone (buoys) or the Tournament Director’s boat at the ending time of the tournament.
- All fish brought in must be in a plastic bag with water and then released only at the ramp.
- Any angler, who displays poor sportsmanship, violates any of the tournament rules, or violates the local, state, federal fishing laws and rules, will promptly be disqualified.
- Any angler wishing to protest must submit a written protest to the chairperson who will be the judge within fifteen (15) minutes after the final bass has weighed-in. The Chairperson has the right to decide whether or not anyone will be disqualified.
- In case of ties, prize money will be divided equally between tied winning teams.
- All dead fishes will be handled by Austin Bass Club of the Deaf Tournament Chairperson.
- All Prizes, entry fees and big bass prizes will be given away when fisherman must have at least 1 fish or more. All prizes, entry fees and big bass fees will be carried to the next year’s annual open tourney IF fishermen did not get any fish at the present tourney.
“Rule-Interpretations: The tournament Chairperson and ABCD Officers will rule on any unusual situation which may occur. Rules and prizes are subject to Change.”