LBDCC Spring Schedule 2011 – Houston
1. New Life Deaf Recovery: A faith based 12-step program specifically
designed for culturally Deaf who struggle with addiction. New Life Deaf
Recovery focuses on making real life changes through the power of God, based
on Biblical principles. Wednesday at 6:30pm and Saturday at 4pm.
2. Friday Night Movie: We will be showing powerful entertaining movies on
3rd Fridays of month at 6:30pm. Snacks, drink, and supper will be served!
After each movie, you can stay and chat or discuss the movie.
3. Computer Training: Every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00am till12:00 noon
and Tuesday evenings at 7pm. You will learn the basics of computer and have
great fun doing it.
4. Life Management Skills Training: Every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00am
till 12noon. You will learn successful life management skill,
decision-making, and goal setting for fulfilled and happy life.
5. English and Math Classes: (GED Preparation or non-GED) Every Tuesday and
Thursday afternoons from 1pm to 2:30pm and on Saturday from 2 to 4pm. Learn
the basics of English and Math to help you prepare to take the GED exam or
just come to refresh your knowledge.
6. Sign Language Training: We offer classes to those who want to learn ASL
or even to refresh your ASL knowledge every Tuesday and Thursday at 10:00am
till 12:00 noon and every Tuesday evening at 6:30pm till 8:30pm. The evening
fee is $50. There are two evening ASL courses: Beginning ASL and
7. Deaf Self Advocacy Training: You can learn to become effective
self-advocacy. Every Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8pm
8. International Deaf Services: International deaf people come to LBDCC to
learn American Sign Language, meet/fellowship with other deaf, and get
assistance with independent living skills. You can meet with them and learn
about their cultures! Can meet every Saturdays and some Tuesdays and
9. Housing Workshop: You can learn how to gather information, and understand
the process of finding your new home (apartment, house, etc). Thursday,
February 17 at 1pm.
10. Counseling: Offered by appointment only. Please call the Woodhaven
office by voice 713-467-3325 or VP 832-431-3880
11. Food and Clothing Services: Food and clothes provided to the deaf
community as needed. Service open Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 10:00am
and Sunday after the morning worship service (12:00 noon)
12. Computer Repair: Hafiz Martowidjojo will provide services to those who
need it. Contact him at 281-249-5282 (VP) or 832-724-3716 (text) or
[email protected] for appointments.
13. How to Set Up Your Business. A Guide to the Different Business Types and
How to Decide Which One is Best for You Workshop: This workshop is to
prepare you with business/organization set-up, etc. There is also important
information about property tax. Workshop is on April 7th at 1pm.
14. Deaf Immersion Night: Friday, TBA at 7pm. Interpreting students and
hearing people can gain insights about Deaf culture, communications,
15. Monthly Workshop: Presented by Jana Bielfeldt on different important
issues facing the Deaf community. Contact Jana at
[email protected] or 832-431-3844 for more detailed information.
The dates are March 26, April 30, May 21, and June 11. All workshops start
If you want to take some of these classes, come on over to LBDCC!
If you want to volunteer at LBDCC such as teacher, secretary, cleaning,
Coffee House/MPC, please contact us at 832-413-6266 or
The Lillian Beard Deaf Connection Center
9920-A Long Point Rd
Houston, TX 77055
713-467-3325 Office Voice
713-827-4706 Reception Fax
Download brochure: (PDF format)