Positive Interaction Program 8/7/12 – Houston
August Meeting of P.I.P.
DATE: August 7, 2012
TIME: 7 pm till 8:30 pm
9920 Long Point Dr.
Houston, Texas 77055
In El Paso, a deaf man was arrested, booked and held for 11 days without
access to a sign language interpreter. The police tried to communicate
with him through written notes, which did not work.
Later on, due to a law suit, the procedures were chance and a VRI was
put in the detention facilities. Would this happen in Houston? Years
ago, yes. But today the deaf and police have worked together and there
are 11 VRIs throughout the city of Houston.
Learn more about the VRIs and other issues between the deaf and HPD
(Houston Police Department) by attending the August meeting of P.I.P.
(Positive Interaction Program). This meeting is open to the entire
deaf community and all friends of the deaf. There will be door prizes
and refreshments served.
The location is @Woodhaven Deaf Baptist Church….9920 Long Point
Dr…..starting time is 7pm. Please come out Tuesday and learn and
fellowship with the deaf community.
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Robert Yost
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
- TDI Board of Directors Issues Position Statement
- Deaf Saturday Night Live Worship 8/21/10 - DFW
- Three Former Owners and Employees of Two Video Relay Service Companies Plead Guilty to Defrauding FCC Program
- NAD in Action: 2009 in Review and Onwards to 2010
- UPDATED: The First Citizens Police Academy for D/HH Community
- NEW! ASL Friendly Pet Hospital at Banfield - DFW
- 1,500 Expected for 3-Day Convention in ASL
- Signs2go Interpreting & Support Services, LLC is HIRING!
- Fort Worth P.D. Reaches Out To Deaf Community
- Deaf Fellowship & Free Foods - West Texas