Job Description – Lead Social Worker (LSW, LPC, LCSW)
Experienced Lead Social Worker needed for full service agency that provides social, employment and recreational programs and services to a large population of deaf and hard of hearing people in the Coastal Bend area of South Texas. Consumers are primarily adults, with occasional activities and events targeted for youth and children. Among the population most needful of social services and case management is that of deaf adults with developmental disabilities (aka ‘deaf +’ or ‘low functioning deaf’) in the areas of fiscal management, home management, social interactions and safety.
The community served includes the Corpus Christi and surrounding area, with expected expansion to areas served by other agency programs: the area between Corpus Christi and the Rio Grande Valley region. Note: as a general rule, DHHC does not provide ongoing counseling for those with severe psychiatric/behavioral needs. Reports to the DHHC Executive Director.
* Masters Degree in Social Work with licensing (Medicaid and private insurance billable)
* At least 2 years post-licensing experience, including billing requirements
* Fluency in ASL, English, PSE and MLS (minimal language skills communication)
* Experience with deaf adults from diverse backgrounds and experiences, including those from Latino cultures, those with college experience/goals, those with minimal education/daily living skills, etc.
* At least 3 years experience in social work settings – 2 with deaf people of varying educational and communicational characteristics
* Familiarity with case management/social work/assessment documents, functions and reports
* Ability to provide assessments/assessment support for eligibility standards for state, private and other systems
* Demonstrated ability to work well with others, often under stress
* Experience in/ability to supervise others (interns, direct service staff, etc.) and teach basic methods and tasks
* Experience and skill in both independent and teamwork activities
* Provide social services/case management for up to 50+ consumers/families
* Provide individual or couple/family counseling for non-psychiatric matters (primarily for adults)
* Serve as agency liaison to MHMR, DARS and other community and public agencies for policy and community service matters
* Conduct/assist in Assessments for MHMR, DARS and other systems for consumer eligibility and/or diagnosis
* Oversee and assure integrity of agency Intake forms and procedure, case notes and related documents and files
* Work with staff and partner agencies to establish and conduct group sessions for topics of interest to consumers and/or families
* Generate accurate Reports for internal purposes and for grant or other funding entities
* Train and oversee staff efforts with social services/human services
* Additional duties as directed
Compensation: from $38+ – DOE
Agency benefits: Base Health Insurance Plan (employee pays ¼)
Dental, Vision and AFLAC available – employee self-pay
Additional Benefits: At least 2 professional Social Work/CEU mini-conferences/sessions per year paid by DHHC, with approval of E.D.
Note: 3 professional letters of recommendation will be required for this position. DHHC requires Background checks for criminal, SSA and DMV records – no position engagement is final until Record Checking is complete.
Letters of Interest/Resume to:
Mary E. Wambach, Executive Director
FAX: (361-993-4271) or email: [email protected]
Building Communication Bridges Since 1978