Seeking Interpreter Intern for Aspen Camp
DATE: Now until June 1, 2014
4862 Snowmass Creek Road
Snowmass, CO 81654
We’re seeking an interpreter intern to work with us from now until June 1, 2014.
You will help the team facilitate communication during meetings, presentations, programs, and events. You will do voice-to-ASL as well as ASL-to-voice interpretation with people of different backgrounds. You will also be asked to help around the camp in other non-interpreting capacities.
Qualifications we look for are:
– Educational and/or work experiences with the Deaf community
– High school graduate or equivalent (one to two years minimum of college level school work preferred)
– At least 21 years of age
– Preferred state or RID certification
– Desire and ability to work with a team
– Desire and ability to work indoors and outdoors
– Good character, integrity, and adaptability
– Must submit health history record and examination form prior to first day of work.
– Must NOT have a criminal record including, but not limited to, convictions for any felony, assault, sexual crimes, crimes against children, DUI/DWI, drugs, or other crimes pursuant to Colorado laws and regulations pertaining to child care.
– And more listed in job description
In exchange for your services (this is an unpaid position), you will get:
– Up to $400 in travel to and from camp
– Free lodging at beautiful Aspen Camp
– Meals during programs/events
– Experience to enhance your skills and to add to your resume
– Valuable feedback from an certified interpreter with countless certifications and 28 years of experiences
– Limited ski lift tickets with a great team to learn or shred with (possible gear to borrow, depending on size)
– Memories of a lifetime
– and more!
You can read the job description at http://www.aspencamp.org/documents/JD_Interpreter.pdf.
To apply, please go to https://aspencamp.campmanagement.com/staff and click on “begin a new staff application.” If you have applied in the last three years, please log-in and create an application for the “interpreter” position.
Position open until filled. First come-first serve.
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Katie Murch
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]