The Resource Specialit Programs are funded by DARS/Office for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services(DHHS)
Nobody knows sign language in my town. Not the Police, Not the Sheriff, Not the Fire Department, Not Paramedics, Not Nurses. Who could communicate with me in sign language in an emergency room at a hospital?
- Having problems following lectures in classrooms at college.
- Sign Language Interpreter denied.
- No, you can’t do it because you are deaf.
- Lost your hearing. Cannot hear the phone ringing.
- Jobs require me to answer phones.
- Job Discrimination?
- Advocacy Help
- Self-Advocacy Training
- Information and Referral Services
- Specialized Telecommunications Assistance Program
- Resources for assistive technology
- Vocational Rehabilitation programs
- Americans with Disabilities Act training
- Certificate of Deafness Tuition Waivers
- Empowerment and Motivational Lectures
- Free Presentations, Workshops and Seminars
Ricky Harris, Deafness Resource Specialist
Disability In Action
3305 N. 3rd Street, Suite 320
Abilene, Texas 79603
Oil and Gas Building
813 8th Street, Ste. 550 H
Wichita Falls, Texas 76301
Email: [email protected]