New Deaf Employment Specialist at CRR-DHHS (Houston)
Hello Deaf Houston Community-
Career & Recovery Resources – Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services is proud to introduce their new Employment Specialist, Computer Literacy Instructor, Tiffany Scofield.
Our Deaf & Hard of Hearing services map the path to success through education, training, and employment. These programs are run by Deaf professionals or professionals skilled in communicating with and for the Deaf. All workshops and classes are conducted in American Sign Language (ASL). Our goal is to assist clients in achieving their professional career potential by researching occupational choices, sharpening job search skills, and helping clients understand and overcome the barriers that may keep them from reaching their goal.
- Literacy Classes: self-paced classes providing instruction in basic math, reading and writing skills for persons interested in acquiring a GED.
- Individual Tutorials: for persons seeking citizenship, driver’s license attainment, or assistance with college course work.
- Computer Literacy Classes: introduction to Windows and operation of popular computer software.
- Job-Readiness Training: teaches clients effective resume writing, interviewing techniques, job search and follow-up skills.
- Job Placement Assistance: provides job leads and assistance with contacting employers.
- Assistive Listening Devices: available for calling employment prospects.
- Interpreter: available to arrange and accompany clients on interviews.
The service is available to anyone in Greater Houston and surrounding areas. We provide services to high school graduates, college students, individuals and retirees at all education levels with varying methods of communication and disabilities.
CRR Interpreting Services (CRR) provides American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services in a variety of settings, including; employment, medical, education, social services, and much more. We make it a top priority to meet both the essential needs of the deaf and hard of hearing and those requesting our services. Our interpreters are experienced. We also provide trilingual interpreting (Spanish to ASL).
If you are in need of job search assistance services, please feel free to contact our office for an appointment. Please ask for, Tiffany Scofield at (832) 431- 6272(VP), Specialist/Computer Literacy Instructor, or send an email to, [email protected].
If you are in need of interpreting services for a deaf or hard of hearing individual or group, please contact Director, Heba Pennington at (832) 431-3785(VP) or send an email to [email protected].
We are located at 2525 San Jacinto Street, Houston, Texas 77002 on the first floor and ask the front desk to see one of us. We accept walk in (s); however, the service is based on a first come, first serve. The DHHS hours are from 9AM to 5PM.
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Tiffany Scofield
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]