The TDI Scholarship Program
TDI’s Communications Access Scholarship Program was set up to recognize the community volunteerism work that the graduating high school seniors who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, or deaf-blind have contributed to. These students are recognized for their passion and capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities.
TDI will award scholarships of $2,500 or more (per award) to graduating deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, and deaf-blind high school students who are planning to attend post-secondary school at either a technical college or university.
- Applicants must be high school students graduating in 2021.
- Applicants must be committed to attending post-secondary school starting in Fall 2021.
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Current TDI board members and staff as well as their siblings, children, and grandchildren are not eligible for the
- Access Communications Scholarship Program.
- Demonstrated record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities.
- Participation in extracurricular school sponsored activities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Academic achievement.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their school guidance counselor.
To be considered for TDI Scholarship, you must submit the following no later than:
FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021 — 5pm EST
- Application form, activities summary, and statement of accuracy.
- Proof of acceptance at an academic, vocational, or technical school for post-secondary studies.
- Letter of recommendation from a volunteer organization or extracurricular school sponsored program (optional).
- Most recent high school transcript (photocopy is acceptable for application).
- Senior yearbook or graduation photo.
- Completion of written or video essay that accompanies this application outlining your idea for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, late-deafened, or deaf-blind
** Describing how you will advocate for greater communication access, or
** Suggesting new communications technology that will provide greater access.
CONTACT: [email protected]
RECOGNITION OF MAJOR TDI SCHOLARSHIP DONORS