Regional Scheduler – Texas (Dallas, El Paso, Houston)
Purple Communications is one of the nation’s largest providers of communication services for the deaf, hard of hearing, and speech-disabled communities. As a leading provider of onsite interpreting services, video relay and text relay services, and video remote interpreting, the Company delivers a wide array of options designed to meet the varied communication needs of its customers.
Purple Communications’ vision is to improve the quality of life of its customers by being their premier provider of high quality, innovative communication services that break down communications barriers.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are looking to add strong expertise to our world-class teams!
Regional Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Assist in the acquisition and retention of customers for on-site community and video remote interpreting services
- Assure effective daily operations by negotiating with and communicating with clients, inputting job requests accurately and efficiently, coordinating interpreter schedules, and providing superior customer service
- Ensure the highest quality customer experience possible for all internal and external customers
- Schedule interpreters (staff as well as independent contractors) to ensure appropriate coverage for center workloads to include Video Relay (VRS), Video Remote (VRI), and on-site community interpreting assignments.
- Maintain a database of current, qualified, trained interpreters available for VRS, VRI and Community Interpreting
- Work with the center team in an office environment supporting all lines of operation
- Keep Center Manager promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual situations related to scheduling
- Provide data entry and other organizational support to the Center Manager and Center Supervisor
- Provide interpreting services as needed for center operations to include Video Relay (VRS), Video Remote (VRI), and on-site community interpreting assignments.
- Support other members and functions of the workforce management department
- Perform other related duties and/or special projects as required
Essential Job Functions:
Reporting to the Center Manager, the Call Center Scheduler is responsible for satisfying company objectives by providing superior analysis and scheduling to ensure an efficient and effective operation. In a courteous and professional manner the incumbent will create and maintain quality relationships with customers of the center’s community interpreting services. Internally, the incumbent will schedule staff and independent contractors via personal contact, with an eye to minimizing travel costs, maximizing efficiencies without sacrificing established safe work practices. This position will also be responsible for processing paperwork and doing basic data entry for specified center reports and functions. On an as needed basis, this position will act as an interpreter resource to support center business need in both the Video and on-site environments.
Regional Scheduler Skills/Qualifications:
- Two years of experience in workforce scheduling
- Expertise using databases
- Proficient in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Basic Data Entry skills
- Knowledge of RID/NAD and other interpreting issues
- Ability to cope with and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be self-motivated and a quick learner
- Strong team player
- Sign language interpreter/experience preferred
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time.
- Sitting, standing and walking (95-100%)
- Keyboarding (40-60%)
- Viewing computer monitor, videophone, and cell phone (40-60%)
- Lifting computers and other equipment.
- Position may require some travel.
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Tiffany Scofield
CONTACT EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]