North Texas Deaf Bowling Club (NTXDBC) plans to host our 10th Annual Mixed Handicap Bowling Tournament at Bowlero Lewisville in Lewisville, Texas on Saturday, November 11th, 2023 $500.00 GUARANTEED! Come and have fun!
NORTH TEXAS DEAF BOWLING CLUB
10th Annual Mixed Individual Handicap Bowling Tournament
Saturday, November 11, 2023
1398 W Main Street
Lewisville, Texas 75067
Entry Fee – $50.00 (Re-Entry Fee – $50.00)
Certified by USBC
PRIZES FEES RETURNED 100%
Ratio 1 to 4
3 GAMES ACROSS 6 LANES
Entrants will now be permitted to bowl as often as they wish BUT CASH PRIZE ONLY ONCE (See Rule 315)
Admission for both bowler and fans – $5.00
AMF Lewisville will be open at 11:00 AM Saturday.
NORTH TEXAS DEAF BOWLING CLUB
10th Annual Mixed Individual Handicap Bowling Tournament (Pending USBC approval)
- This tournament is open to all Deaf/Hard of Hearing amateur men and women bowlers. CODA bowlers are allowed. NO PBA BOWLERS ARE ALLOWED TO BOWL. Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse any application.
- Each entrant must have USBC membership. All entries must show full name and USBC numbers. The total entry fee must accompany the entry form by cash only. This tournament is USBC sanctioned. Entry fee is $50.00 per bowler. Entries close November 11, 2023.
- All entrants must be members of USBC and provide proof of membership and certification number on the entry form. Proof of membership in the 2023-2024 season (sanction card or renewal receipt) must be available during tournament registration. Non USBC members shall pay affiliate USBC fee of $19.00.
- Averages, Handicap, & Scores:
a. Handicap for Open Mixed shall be 100% of 210 for BOTH Men and Women with no handicap limit.
b. Entering Averages – use the first applicable rule below:
i. Bowlers with a USBC sanctioned 2022-23 book average (minimum 21 games, use highest average).
ii. All other bowlers should submit the following averages if available. The highest of these will be used. If none of these averages are available, women bowler will use a minimum average of 170 and men bowler will use a minimum average of 190 as the entering average, as determined by the Tournament Director.
1. Highest USBC sanctioned summer 2023 league average and number of games.
2. Highest USBC sanctioned 2021-22 book average (minimum of 21 games).
iii. USBC permits the Tournament Director to assign an average higher than minimum average prior to participation. (USBC Rule 319b)
c. League Name, Secretary’s Name and phone number or email address must be provided with the Entry Form along with copy of your league’s standing sheet. The League Secretary and bowlers will complete and attach a verification form. It is the entrant’s responsibility to supply complete and accurate information.
d. Bowlers who have qualified for a prize of $300.00 or more in any event in a tournament within the past 12-month period shall, prior to bowling, report to the Tournament Director the actual score, portion won, and amount of prize for possible rerating. Any rerating will be done prior to the entrant bowling USBC rule no 319E applies to both men and women bowlers.
- Failure to comply is cause for forfeiture of entry fee and prize winnings (USBC Rule 319d).
a. A bowler’s average may be adjusted upward before the entrant bowls. If the bowler, upon registering, does not accept the assigned average, he/she is entitled to a refund of the entry fee. (See Rule #11) It is the bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of his/her entering average.
b. If any average is reported incorrectly, USBC Rule 319a3 will apply. USBC Rule 319e will apply in the event of an average adjustment for an entrant. Nothing in this rule will be deemed to supersede the authority of tournament management or the local association to adjust a bowler’s average upward prior to bowling.
- Prize fees return 100%. Ratio of 1 to 4.
- Any decision by the Tournament Director is final unless an appeal is made in accordance with USBC Rule 329.
Entry Fee Distribution
Prize Fee $35.00
**Re-Entry; Entrants will be permitted to bowl as often as they wish, but cash only once (See Rule 315) **
For more information or question – email Ken Seabolt – [email protected]