Schedule Coordinator (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Salary, Interpreting Department Manager for Direct Supervision
HOURS: 8:00am- 4:30pm, including additional hours as needed
BASIC FUNCTION: The position of the Schedule Coordinator is responsible for scheduling and coordinating the completion of all sign language interpreter requests.
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas
- Coordinate multiple interpreter requests in a face-paced environment.
- Utilize technology and computers to handle interpreter requests.
- Monitoring and controlling all incoming requests and outgoing confirmations.
- Preparation and maintenance of scheduling documentation with precision and accuracy.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with businesses, vendors, contract interpreters and Deaf/hard of hearing consumers locally.
- Compliance with relevant and applicable guidelines (RID’s CPC), regulations and mandates.
- Maintain compliance to DAC’s core mission, values, policies, procedures and requirements.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to develop and maintain strong working relations with co-workers, vendors and community members.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings/workshops, and conferences as required.
- Perform special assignments, projects, and other duties as required.
- Excellent work ethics, which include consistence attendance, timeliness and completion of assignments.
POSITION EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES:
- Comfortable scheduling behind a computer
- Professional video phone or phone etiquette
- Excellent expressive and receptive skills in American Sign Language
- Knowledge of and respect for clientele and Deaf culture
- Previous experience working with the public
- Requires commitment to the highest ethical principles and values both professionally and personally.
- Strong organizational skills
- Timeliness in completing task
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced environment
- Advance computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple incoming calls and assignments
- Not afraid of confrontation
- Can resolve or remedy confrontations that may occur with our customers.
POSITION CRITICAL SKILLS:
- Self-management. Demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities. Make sound decisions even under pressure.
- Communication. Clearly express ideas, either expressively and receptively in ASL or in writing, to include but not limited to grammar, organization, and structure.
- Willingness to Learn. Assimilate and apply new job-related information promptly.
- Ethics & Integrity. Consistently earn the trust, respect, and confidence of coworkers and customers through consistent honesty, forthrightness and professionalism in all interactions. Includes meeting commitments and promises.
POSITION CRITICAL BEHAVIORS:
- Critical Thinking. The ability to actively and skillfully conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and/or evaluate information as a guide to belief and action.
- Self-starter. Demonstrate initiative to take action to achieve goals beyond what is necessarily called for. Includes the ability to work in a less structured environment.
- Customer Service Orientation. Make efforts to listen to and understand the customer (both internal and external), anticipate customer needs and give high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Self-confidence. Demonstrate initiative, confidence in oneself, resiliency and a willingness to take responsibility for personal actions.
- Adaptability. Maintain effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people. Must be prepared to sign under various environmental conditions.
NOTE: Deaf Action Center complies with all the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The purpose of Deaf Action Center’s job description is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks and essential functions of each job so that employees can better know what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training, and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees.
A job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. The description will be revised as job responsibilities change materially.
Deaf Action Center is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, national origin, age, marital or veteran status.
To send resume or make inquires, email to [email protected]
For job description, go to http://www.dactexas.org/jobs