American Sign Language Interpreter/Level III or Equivalent
Full time and Part time position(s)
Location: Lane Murray Facility, Gatesville, Texas
Job Summary: Provides interpreting services to female correctional
clients receiving services through the Assistive Disability Program.
Major Duties/Critical Task:
* Provides ASL Interpreter services for female offenders involved in
major and minor disciplinary investigations; classification interviews;
medical and dental appointments; psychological and sociological
interviews; job assignment interviews; parole interviews and access to
* Provides interpreter services during post-admission screening.
* Coordinates contract interpreter services.
* Performs as a program advocate and resource person for deaf
* Performs related duties as required.
High School diploma from an accredited school, or GED with
certification in American Sign Language (ASL) at level three or
equivalent and three years experience in facilitating American Sign
For More Information regarding this position, contact:
Kimberly Cotton, M.Ed., COMS
University of Texas Medical Branch Correctional Managed Care
Assistive Disability & Rehabilitation Services