REMINDER: MEET THE TDI BOARD AT A TOWN HALL MEETING IN AUSTIN, TEXAS
Mark Your Calendar
Friday, March 25, 2011
7:00 pm. – 9:00 pm.
TDI Town Hall Meeting
Hyatt Regency Austin
208 Barton Springs
Austin, Texas 78704
?? Do you have questions about… ??
* What is TDI?
* How will TDI benefit you?
* Why should you join TDI?
* What will the 21st Century Telecommunications and Video Accessibility Act do for you?
* Who do you complain to about television captioning problems?
* Where can you get information about preparing for emergencies?
* How will you know which phone works with your hearing aid or cochlear implant?
* How can you get more movie captioning?
* What’s new with video relay, Internet relay and captioned telephone relay?
* How will the the National Broadband Plan work for you?
Dr. Roy Miller, President, Rebecca Rosenthal, Central Region Representative, other Board members, and Claude Stout, Executive Director, invite you to attend a Town Hall Meeting and learn more about Telecommunications for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Inc. (TDI), the latest technology changes, and how you can benefit from these changes. There will be a presentation followed by a question and answer session.
TDI welcomes you to hear about its latest advocacy efforts in Washington, D.C. in pursuit of its mission to provide leadership in achieving equal access to telecommunications, media, and information technologies for people who are deaf and hard of hearing in America, especially it’s efforts to implement the 21st Century Telecommunications and Video Accessibility Act. TDI also wants to listen to your comments about various access issues that affect people with hearing loss in Florida. You will be able to join TDI or renew your TDI membership during the Town Hall Meeting.
Sign language/voice interpreters and CART will be provided. Any other communication accommodations must be requested no later than Wednesday, March 23, 2011. Refreshments will also be provided.
For more information, please email Claude Stout, at [email protected]